Creating Change - Shadow Prompt 1



If you would like to create change in your life, exploring your shadow through journaling and writing is a great beginning. I know you are tired of floating along and never quite feeling whole, wanting more for your life and this is the year to create that change.

I will give you one prompt a week to discover, uncover, heal, clear and integrate your shadow. With each weekly Shadow Prompt write for a minimum of ten minutes without stopping. Just write whatever comes up for you and if you think your mind is blank then start writing whatever you hear, see, taste, feel, (I hear, I see, I wonder, I am, I can, I feel, I taste) until you are connected in and writing about the prompt. Exploring your shadow can be intense, remember to be compassionate on your journey, take your time, and find ways to honor your process.
Though my soul may set in darkness,

It will rise in perfect light,

I have loved the stars too fondly
To be fearful of the night.
~Sarah Williams 

Shadow Prompt
What are you avoiding most in your life and what small step can you take to resolve/clear it? Explore what it is that you think has stopped you from clearing it up before now. How have you been numbing yourself to avoid the situation?

If you would like to share any of your discoveries during the week or have a question, you can leave a comment below or email me at morgan underscore dragonwillow at hotmail dot com with Shadow Prompt in the Subject line.

*Sometimes our journeys can be too intense for us to handle on our own. If you feel depressed or think you might harm yourself please ask for help from your family, friends, or therapist.

Blessings on your Journey,

No comments:

Post a Comment