Allowing Ourselves to be nurtured

I am always amazed that each day the passage for that day in the book "The Language of letting go" by Melody Beattie, Goes along with what I am feeling or what is going at that time. I gain strength form the passages, that I am not alone in the process of rediscovering myself, my feelings and most of all taking responsibility for getting my needs met, in a loving, nurturing way. This was what the daily meditation was for today.

November 18

Allow yourself to be nurtured and loved. be comforted by the presence of someone being there for you. allow yourself to be supported emotionally and cared for.
far to long we stand in the background attending to the needs all the while saying we have no needs of our own. we shut off the part of us that long to be nurtured.
It is time now to claim our needs, to identify those needs, and to understand that we deserve to have those needs met.
The more clear we become about our needs, the greater the possibility that those needs we be met. so, we need to ask our self, what are our needs, what would feel good, and how would we like them to be met.
People can only met our needs when they know from us what we need. Example, encouragement, a hug, a supportive ear.

"Today, I will be open to recognizing my needs for nurturing . I will open to the needs of others around me too. I can begin taking a loving, nurturing attitude toward myself and by taking responsibility for my needs in relationships".

No comments:

Post a Comment