Co-Creating Community


I have discovered, through self exploration and looking deeply at what is happening around me, that one of the things that is very important to me is Co-Creating Community. I have noticed that myself and many others are in the habit of excluding themselves from the outside world except for what is absolutely necessary. We have been so 'Self' centered that there is no accountability for connection. It is past time that we change that. I am on a quest to bring awareness to connection back to the fore front. I will be posting my Co-Creating Community adventures as they play out. I challenge you to look around, see how you are interacting within your community. What can you do to bring people together? What can you do to increase love in your environment? I look forward to your comments.

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of humankind as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all."

-Helen Keller

I love this quote by Helen Keller. I believe that security, like control, is an illusion. That illusion of security prevents us from living in our joy. Are we safer because we stay in our homes and mostly communicate through the Internet? Are we safer when we don't know our neighbors except in passing as we go to and from work? Yes, they can choose not to respond or reciprocate if we extend invitations to a backyard barbecue or an outdoor block party, but how many might say yes if we would only ask? How many of our neighbors are feeling disconnected and don't know how to reach out to make those loving connections that we all need? What about connecting with those that we know or know through our circles and groups? Are we safer not getting together regularly with them? What friendly adventures are we missing out on? What fun and loving interactions? You can't receive a physical hug through the Internet.

Happy Spring/Ostara! May you have many Joyous Adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment